Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lovely

It's really a lovely day here so this post, yet overdue, will be short - hopefully.

    We have been tons busy around here - like always. I have peas, carrots, garlic, and lettuce planted. I have 250 tomato and pepper plants seeded in the greenhouse, still have more varieties to seed. We also have over 100 marigolds and other flowers that I love but find it extremely hard to buy full grown from a nursery.  Our cabbage plants are growing and hope to get them in the ground when the moon allows. Our seed potatoes are ready for the moon also. All the fruit trees are getting leaves and blooming.So right now I think I am on track. NOT.

   I have SO much more to do. My list seems to be getting longer as we get projects done. we did get one strawberry bed re-vamped and still have another to do. the pond needs cleaned out and relined. The chicken run needs to be bigger. Not to mention all the other seeds that need seeded in the greenhouse. I still have more tomatoes ( as mentioned above), rosemary, chives, and flowers to get started. Also the onions need planted.
    So right now when someone asks about how the gardening is going I have to chuckle and say " It's Lovely" although its tiring and alot of work its "just Lovely"

1 comment:

happy momma said...

Wow, do you plant all those tomatoes and peppers for your garden or do you sell some of them? My hubby thought I wanted too many when I had 36 tomatoes.

I love your greenhouse. I would really like to have one here on our little farm, but so far, no go. Darling hubby chose the best spot on the farm and put his horse barn. I always told him it would be the perfect spot for a greenhouse. Anyway the horses are dwindling down one by one and now we are using the barn for our calves. Also he is putting the chicken coop on the end and who knows what else will come along:) I'll try to post some updated photos of the calves, come by for another visit soon. God Bless