Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our first on this homestead



This year we have been having alot of firsts and its only the second month. Lambs are a first for out bit of soil - as is our first egg - Yup, we were surprised that on the first nice 60 degree day we were blessed with the most beautiful egg ever seen. The best part is that our daughter, that had been checking on them for days, is the one that found it. We all have been checking on the nesting box for weeks knowing it was getting close. We are pleased to beable to put eggs on the harvest tally now!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

How exciting! Happy for your homestead!

True Texan said...

Congratulations! It has warmed up here too, we got 2 eggs today...isn't spring grand?

KJ said...

All you people with eggs, I am a bit jealous. You will hear me shouting with joy from this side of the world when my girlies start laying. They are making me some good mulch in the mean time.

Must say, that looks like a huge egg, or is it just the photo? Regardless, looks good :D

Jan said...

thanks for all the comments!
Ture Texan - Congrats!
KJ - I pray you start getting eggs soon. Regards to the egg, it is long and skinny, we also thought it was large.

Bitsy said...

Sweet! I can't wait to get chickens so I can get eggs, too!