Friday, April 13, 2012

Large Scale garden year 1

   Okay I have gardened for years as many of you know but this year we are going bigger. It seems we never have enough food to get us through and others need a bit of fresh veggies also.  So it seems I have gone crazy. Yes people look at me funny when I tell them that half of the 4 acre corn field will now be garden area. But that's okay. I am a bit crazy.
    By my calculations the wildlife will get a portion and we can enjoy it also. hopefully. So my question is how does one keep wild turkeys out of the garden?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This sounds weird, but whenever we grew pumpkins, we never had problems with critters in the garden. I hear they don't care for the bristly stems and avoid them. Always worked with raccoons anyway. Don't know about turkeys though.