Friday, April 3, 2009

FINALLY

After weeks of being on edge and wondering if I would ever get them, they are finally here!!! When I placed a order for potato seeds on January 12Th of this year I never thought that I wouldn't get them on time. But about a week before the planting time for my area was approaching I started to get nervous. Well the planting date for Ky was or is March 25 Th for early potatoes. I finally received them yesterday!! I am not upset at the company at all. They are tring their hardest to keep up with the heavy demand of seeds for the home gardener this year. I am pleased with my order and it came in all recyclable materials!!!
Was going to plant them today but its raining buckets out there. So I have to wait a few more days.
Also my strawberry plants were delivered yesterday. They went into the crisper drawer until I can get them planted outside in there permanent home.
All the seedlings I started are doing wonderful. We have peas, onions, carrots, radish, and cabbage out in the raised beds which are growing well. I now have 16 different varities of tomatoes growing. I just couldnt decide which ones I really wanted. The kids are excited about the green tomato. they are looking forward to having green salsa and spaghetti sauce!!
I think my favorite of this year is going to be the kiwi still!! Oh yes and the peanuts!!

No comments: