Thursday, May 14, 2009

A gander through the raised beds

As mentioned before the raised
beds are growing great things at alarming rates. In the first picture is the carrot bed. The tops look healthy and green. I hope the roots get big and long.

Next is the potatoes I am trying of a different variety. I placed them in the raised beds rather then the garden area to see which beds grow potatoes better. These seem to be doing well with no potato bugs.


Oh yes these are the peanuts. I planted a few seeds to see how they might do. These seem to be growing good. I hope they grow enough peanuts for seed for next years planting.



Peas, carrots, and onions. Might I say the onions are really good. I couldn't wait any longer and snuck a few last night for our dinner. The peas are blooming and the carrots are growing in between rather rapidly.




Please disregard the windy blow Brussel sprouts. The wind is high today, they are really handsome plants. Green, lush, and rather tall. The kids love them so I hope we have a good size crop for eating.

And for the last of the pictures is the lettuce. And a volunteer of sunflower and tomatoes. This lettuce will be on the dinner table tonight with a few more snatched onions and some radish's I harvested earlier. every time I go to the beds I rip off a leaf of lettuce to eat as I work. Doesn't it look yummy?
A few things I didn't take photos of are the spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, and beans. Save those for a day that I won't get caught in the rain.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Looks gorgeous!!