Friday, March 13, 2009

Ideas of my own

My biggest pet peeve in gardening is myself. I don't trust myself enough. i doubt myself more then I should. I think of a plan, I start to do it then BOOM I start thinking well maybe it won't work then I end up doing more then I should because I don't try the simpler easier plan first. I make it into this big complicated, highly involved, process that really is not necessary.
When I was younger I would help out in the garden and remember a basement full of canned goods at all times. As I grew I held on to those same traditions. When I first got married we owned chickens, goats, and rabbits. But didn't have room for the garden. When we moved to a much larger plot of land we somehow got away from the animals and concentrated more on the gardening aspect. We started with a garden area which over the years has grown into a larger garden plot and 12 raised beds. But all along the way of this I would constantly ask someone else "what should I do?" "Can you grow this here?"
After many years of not getting the answers I wanted I have decided this year to take back my garden and just do it. If I think it will work I will try it. If it works, Great. If not then I will jot it down in my gardening journal and try a different approach next year.
I know we can get more then one cucumber harvest here in our growing season. I know to make the tomato plants stronger to plant them side ways. I know to get better tomatoes and tomatoes through out the season to remove the suckers that grow between the branches. I have learned allot through the years from others and I really enjoy talking to others about there experiences. I am however going to trust my ideas also. I will try my ideas without doubting myself, more.

No comments: