Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend Things to do

This is the first weekend of Spring!!!! With that said theres lots to be done. ( check out list below) The weather is actually nice but not hot to ease us into the spring of things ( pun intended). We are eager about getting lots of things started in the raised beds as well as starting new tomato plants in the seed trays.
New tomatoes- As if 6 varieties were just not enough my mom and I attended a heirloom seed workshop last night and received 7 seed packets each which in turn made the grand total of 14 new varieties. hmmmmmm Now where are they going to go? Not sure but plan to grow at least 2 of each just to see how we like them. So now this weekend I plan to seed the following tomato seeds:
Old Virgina
Pineapple
Yellow pear
Great white
Golden Cal Wonder
Verna Orange
Uncle Mark Bagby
Black Krim
Black plum ( I have 2 packs of these)
Grace Lahman

Also have the following new pepper seeds:
Red cheese pepper
Emerald Giant
Hungarian Wax

I am still needing to research a few of these. The workshop was very nice to partake in although I did not learn much more then I already know. Built was really nice to know that others seed start, plant, transplant, make newspaper pots the same as I do.
With all that said below is the list of things that I need to do this weekend:
Prep herb garden area
Peg down strawberry bed frames
Clean around birdbath garden
Plant more peas
Clean out pond
Clean up mint around pond
Clean out shed

With all that said ( sigh) Have a great productive first weekend of Spring!!!!

No comments: