Thursday, March 19, 2009

Small veggies seeds

With Spring upon us I have been itching to get into the garden nd raised beds. With lots of planning still yet to be done we were able to get alot done this past day or so. The garden has been tilled and 15 foot added to make up for the extra veggies being planted this year. The last raised bed for the year was filled yesterday for the carrots. I also made a guide for the seeding of the small seeds. I hate wasting so every seed I have to "thin" out seems to be a waste for me. So this year trying to avoid the "thinning" process I made a template last night.





This is the template I made from cardboard. I made a grid on it so the carrots would have enough space between each other so the thinning would be none existing. Each hole will have 1-2 seeds in and after all 35 holes have seeds simply pick up and move to another part in the bed. This way the kids can also help seed the carrots.
This template can seed 35 seeds at once perfectly spaced.

Will keep you updated on the process. Happy gardening.

No comments: